Since I’m doing this Whole30 diet thing it pretty much eliminates all desserts and sweets. I loovvveee dessert. I will die without something dessert like for 30 days. So I came up with this Whole30 compliant deliciousness!
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 inch-ish of fresh ginger
3/4 cups-ish of unsweetened shaved coconut
Cinnamon to taste
Cardamom to taste
2-3 tbsp Coconut milk (the kind from the can)
1. Cut up and boil sweet potatoes until they’re soft enough to mash. I left the skins on because I think the skin is delicious.
2. While the potatoes boil chop up the shaved coconut into little bits. Grate the ginger. I used a microplane.
3. Mash the crap out of the potatoes but make sure there are still a few chunky bits or it won’t stick together very well. Add the ginger, coconut, coconut milk, cinnamon, and cardamom. Throw some raisins in if you’re feeling crazy. Mix.
4. Form mixture in to cute little patties. Heat skillet. Add coconut oil. Cook patties for 2 ish minutes per side or until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
5. Serve warm. Garnish with curls of coconut, a few raisins, and a drizzle of coconut milk.